Top Selling Yoga DVD's For Women
More and more people are now turning to yoga for keeping them fit and healthy. It does not really matter which type of Yoga you practice, regular practicing of yoga cleanses you inside and makes you look great outside. One can choose from different types of yoga like Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Power Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Bikram Yoga, Mantra Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and many more and settle for what is more comfortable for them to do.
If you are a beginner then you could start with Hatha Yoga and then move on to the difficult ones like Ashtanga Yoga, Power Yoga or Vinyasa Yoga. Another form of Yoga one can practice is the Iyengar Yoga which is popularized by the Yoga Expert and author of several books on Yoga B K S Iyengar. Recently another form of Yoga which is getting immensely popular is the Bikram Yoga or Hot Yoga where the yoga postures are practiced in a room heated to 105 degrees. This yoga is extremely beneficial and helps to get rid of toxins from the body by way of sweat. Each of the different types differs in intensity and difficulty levels. Some concentrate on the spiritual well whereas some concentrate on physical well being or both. Whatever type of Yoga you want to do it is better to attend a class and learn from an expert. But when that is not possible you can opt for DVDs with detailed instructions for learning and practicing the postures. I am giving below some of my favorite Yoga DVDs.
- Power Yoga: Total Body Workout with Rodney Yee:This DVD is one of the Amazon Best Sellers and has poses include Sun Salutation, standing poses, forward bends, back bends, twists, and arm balances. Through this DVD Rodney Yee guides you through a challenging sequence that creates detoxifying heat in your body and helps you build your inner strength, stamina and endurance.
- Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea: This is another of the top sellers in Amazon and with an instructor like Shiva Rea it is difficult to imagine anything else but the best. This Yoga DVD for expectant Moms have exercises for the first, second and third trimesters demonstrated by Rea and her assistants. This is the best and total Prenatal Yoga DVD I have seen so far which even includes difficult adaptations one can follow.
- Kundalini Yoga for Beginners and Beyond: This Yoga DVD by Ana Brett and Ravi Singh contains exercises for flexibility, strength building, aerobic efficiency, stress relief, back care and many more.This best-selling DVD has everything you need for high caliber fitness, peace of mind, and to give your life a total boost! No wonder this pair has so many celebrity clients.
- Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rea:This is the first DVD I picked up based on the recommendation of a friend and is a user personalized practice DVD. One can select their favorite postures from the menu for practice. Shiva Rea also has included a complete list of suggested sequences, ranging from five-minute tune-up sessions to extended hour-long yoga immersions. All in all, it is a wonderful and complete instructional DVD for a home user.
- Yoga for Stress Relief With The Dalai Lama by Barbara Benagh: In this modern age it is difficult to find someone who is not stressed out. This is a wonderful DVD featuring Yoga instructor Barbara Benagh has practiced and taught yoga for nearly 35 years. This DVD teaches step by step, easy to follow practices to reduce negative thoughts and emotions while promoting positive thinking. Another feature of this DVD is that it also includes a 30 minute instruction on meditation with the Dalai Lama.
- Creative Core Abs by Shiva Rea: If you are looking at building your abs then Creative Core Abs by Shea Rea is the one for you. This workout definitely brings guaranteed results.
- Chakra Balancing Yoga: Chakra balancing yoga aims at energizing and balancing the 7 chakra centers. Any imbalance in these chakras can cause diseases and health disorders. This DVD has expert Sharon Gannon guides you through poses, affirmations, and mantras (simple chants) that open and balance the chakras.
- Shilpa’s Yoga: This DVD features the Indian Actress Shilpa Shetty demonstrating over 35 Yoga Postures. The DVD promises Shilpa s fitness secrets for a lean, toned body while retaining all the feminine curves.