Natural Remedies For Migraine
Those who have suffered from Migraine or seen someone with it knows how painful the condition can be. I personally have suffered from it for years together. Although I no longer suffer from it anymore after undergoing a homeopathic treatment for it for over than a year, even the mere thought of it still can give me shivers. Whenever I use to get a migraine if I am at home I use to tie a cloth on my eyes, close the curtains of my room and try to get some sleep which does not come easy either. If I am at work, my pounding head and pain would not permit me to concentrate on work and I always had to take permission from my superior and rush home because most of the time the tablets fail to give relief too. However, it is better to avoid popping Painkillers and stick on to natural remedies because of the numerous side effects it can have including Painkiller Addiction.
Do you suffer from constant headaches or migraines? If you do, here are some natural ways to relieve the pain and discomfort associated with migraines and headaches.
- Having a bowl of Grapes or drinking the juice can be helpful for migraines.
- Include niacin rich foods like green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, fish etc in diet. One can also take vitamin B complex tablets as it contains 10 mg of niacin.
- Eat a fresh apple every morning to be healthy and also to avoid migraines.
- Make a habit of drinking a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of honey early morning.
- A cold compress can be of great help to get relief from the pain of migraine or a headache. Cabbage leaf compress is another ancient folk remedy for migraine pain where leaves are crushed and tied to the head.
- Carrot juice and spinach juice in the ratio 3:2 or carrot juice and beetroot juice and cucumber juice in the ratio 3:1:1 is an effective juice therapy remedy for migraines.
Migraines can interfere with our daily life and make us miserable. So it is very important to get rid of it. Balanced Diet and exercises have proved to be effective in keeping away from conditions like migraine. Many times Migranes are triggered by improper food and tension. So it is very important to keep away from tension by practicing techniques like yoga and meditation and also stick on to a proper and healthy diet. In addition to this, make sure you drink plenty of water on a daily basis which are helpful in flushing toxins which are responsible for major illnesses. In fact, having a healthy lifestyle can keep the diseases away.