Stone in the Kidneys or urinary tract is a common disorder these days. An individual suffering from this condition normally experiences pain on urethra and groin and thighs, painful urination, blood in urine etc. The formation of kidney stones has a lot to do with the general metabolism of the individual and wrong eating habits. Kidney stones are more common among males and usually occur in middle life. Many people ask if kidney stones can be treated using natural home remedies as they are safe and less expensive compared to what they may have to pay a doctor otherwise. Like most diseases, kidney stones can also be treated naturally using things you have at home. Given below are some home remedies for the treatment of Kidney stones.
- The water used to boil Kidney Beans is known to be useful in the treatment of this health condition. For this boil 50 grams Kidney beans in slow flame with around 4 liters of water. Once done stain the liquid to another container using a muslin cloth and allow it to cool. Once done pour the liquid to another vessel by staining over another clean muslin cloth and without stirring. Consume this liquid throughout the day on a regular basis. However, do not store or keep the liquid for the next day. Make a fresh decoction every day.
- Take 1 teaspoon of holy basil juice mixed with equal amounts of pure honey every morning on a daily basis for 6 months can help in removing the stones from the urinary tract.
- Consuming watermelon juice or eating them throughout the day regularly can help in treating the condition as it is one of the best diuretics.
- Make a habit of drinking a glass of Tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper first thing in the morning.
- Make a habit of consuming fruits like apples and grapes daily.
Apart from this, a Hot water enema followed by a hot bath is helpful in treating the pain caused by kidney stones. An individual suffering from Kidney Stones also should consume a lot of water and juices like watermelon throughout the day. It is advisable to go for a low protein diet and do yoga (especially asanas like dhanurasana and halasana). It is best to avoid alcohol, pickles, calcium rich foods and condiments if you are suffering from this condition.