Intestinal Worms or parasites can cause a lot of health problems. Some of the symptoms that you may be affected by intestinal parasites are bloating, Diarrhea, Nausea, Stomach pain, Fatigue, anaemia, Weight loss, halitosis, dark circle under eyes, worm in stool etc. Some of the common types of intestinal worms are hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms and thread worms. All these parasites can cause diseases and other health conditions. Children are more prone to these worms than adults. The main reasons for intestinal worms are unhygienic living, drinking contaminated water and faulty foods.
If you suspect that you may be infected by intestinal parasites, it’s important advisable that you see a Doctor for a proper diagnosis. Once the diagnosis is done the doctor may prescribe you over the counter medicines to treat the problem. However, there are a number of natural home remedies for treating intestinal problems too. Given below are some of them.
- Consuming Garlic cloves or taking them in the form of tablets is known to be effective in treating roundworms.
- The juice of unripe hulls of Black walnut is used for treating ringworms.
- Consuming Wormseed Tea is helpful for expelling roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms.
- Consuming pumpkin seeds mashed and mixed with juice is a remedy for tapeworms and roundworms. It also helps in cleansing the intestines.
- Consuming Pineapple regularly can help to clear certain parasites such as tapeworms.
- Consume radish juice with some salt added to it twice a day for 4 consecutive days to eradicate all the worms from the intestines along with the accumulated waste products within the intestines.
- Consume fresh buttermilk with roasted cumin seeds, some rock salt and some black pepper 3-4 times a day for a week to get rid of intestinal worms.
- Have a tablespoon of grated Coconut is followed by about forty milliliters of castor oil. After about 3 hours have a glassful of milk to remove worms from the system.
- Peach juice is known to be helpful in removing worms from the intestine.
- A glass of boiled water with a tablespoon of rock salt taken empty stomach for a week every morning can treat mild infections.
- Taking a small cup of grated carrot on empty stomach helps to treat intestinal worms.
In order to avoid this condition one should maintain a healthy lifestyle and be hygienic. Also do not eat undercooked, stale or unhygienic foods.