Many people want to know if there are any natural home remedies or cures for treating alcoholism as they are cheap and safe to use. Like most diseases and health conditions alcoholism can be treated naturally too.
What exactly is Alcoholism? Alcoholism is a chronic disorder in which a person can’t resist himself from frequent and excessive consumption of alcohol. As we all know that there are several bad effects of alcohol addiction including liver damage and digestive disorders. Physically it affects the digestive system, pancreas, nerves and the heart. The most important step towards breaking the habit of alcohol is the willingness of an alcoholic to do so. So if you want to get rid of your alcoholism, the below mentioned natural remedies may help.
- Go on an exclusive diet of grapes for a month.
- Eat apples liberally to remove intoxication from the body.
- Consume a drink made of 4-5 dates soaked in water twice a day for a month.
- Consume 3 teaspoons of bitter gourd leaves in a glass of buttermilk empty stomach in the morning.
- Whenever the craving for alcohol is felt, have a juice or eat candy or other snacks.
- ½ a cup raw celery juice taken with equal amounts of water for dily for one month can help in treating alcoholism.
- Going on an exclusive juice fast for 2 weeks have proved effective in treating alcoholism. This can help to remove the harmful toxins from the body and cleanse the system. Avoid consuming any solid foods or smoking during this period. If you feel too hungry you may eat fruits. Make sure you do exercises, drink plenty of water and take plenty of rest. Do a hot water enema every day of the fast. You may find this treatment a bit difficult to do, but it can do miracles to your health.
If you have the will to get rid of the alcohol habit, you can. Apart from the home remedies, Eat a healthy and balanced meal consist of vegetables, cereals, nuts, sprouts, whole grains, fruits etc even after the craving for alcohol is reduced. Also drink plenty of water and do a lot of exercises to keep you fit. However, avoid foods like sugar, white rice, strong condiments, white flour and meat. An alcoholic also should join a support group like Alcoholics Anonymous which deals with similar individuals having alcohol addiction. More than anything, an alcoholic also needs the love and support of friends and family to get rid of the drinking habit.