Premature graying of hair is a normal occurrence in people these days. The hair normally loses its natural color and turn grey with age. Premature graying of hair may be an indication that your diet is lacking vital nutrients. Deficiency of Vitamin B, copper, iron, folic acid and iodine can cause premature graying. Some other causes of premature graying can be tension, anxiety, heredity factors, unhygienic hair conditions, infectious diseases, hormonal imbalance, usage of electric dryers, usage of concentrated hair dyes, thyroid, Chemotherapy and radiation etc. Premature aging can make a person look much older than he or she actually is. However, there are some natural home remedies which may be helpful in treating the condition of premature graying of hair. Given below are some of them.
- Apply the oil made of coconut oil and curry leaves on the scalp regularly and massage the scalp. You may also curry leaves in your daily diet.
- Cut Indian gooseberry into pieces and dry on shade. Use this to make oil by boiling them in coconut oil till the solid matter becomes charred dust. This oil should be applied on scalp on a regular basis to fight premature aging.
- Massage the scalp using 1 teaspoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with 1 teaspoon almond oil and a few drops of lime juice every night.
- Make oil made of ribbed gourd pieces dried in the sun and then soaked in coconut oil for about 3 to 4 hours. Boil it until the residue becomes black and cool it down a bit. Massage the scalp with the residue.
- Applying the fresh juice of amaranth on the scalp is a very effective home remedy for hair disorders like premature graying. It helps in retaining the black color of hair and promotes hair growth.
- Massage the scalp with almond oil regularly.
- Massage your hairs with coconut oil and Lemon everyday for at least 15 minutes.
- Another effective natural remedy for treatment of this condition is by massaging the hair roots with butter made out of cow’s milk at least two times in a week.
Apart from the above remedies an individual suffering from premature graying should take a bowl of yogurt mixed with yeast before every meal as it contains pantothenic acid and para-aminobenzoic acid which is useful in guarding against premature graying. Also refrain from refined flour and sugar, soft drinks, pastries, jam, too spicy food, hot food, chilies and oily food and include a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet. Including sprouted whole grains, cereals, meat and soy in your diet regularly can help the hair retain its natural shine and good texture.
As you can see there are several natural home remedies for graying hair. If you are suffering from this condition why not give them a try?