There are many people who have oily skin and are looking for solutions to treat it. Oily skin can happen because of several reasons. Some of these can be Heredity, Diet, hormonal changes, cosmetics, usage of birth control pills etc. Though the oily skin is more prone to pimples, blackheads and acne, the good news for those having oily skin is that oily skin tends to wrinkle less than those people with dry or normal skin.
How can a person manage oily skin so that it looks great? Given below are some home remedies for moderating oily skin.
- Blend together 1 teaspoon green clay powder and 1 teaspoon raw honey. Apply this mixture on the face, avoiding the eye area. Once it is dry, rinse well with lukewarm water. Use this at least 2-3 times a week.
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice and water together. Apply this mixture on the face and allow it to dry. Wash after 15-20 minutes with warm water following with cool water.
- Apply fuller earth mixed with rose water on the skin, and wash after it is dry.
- Use a light antiseptic night cream from time to time if you wish, and apply a clarifying mask one or two times a week.
- Apply half teaspoon each of lime and cucumber juice mixed together on the face 15-20 minutes before taking bath.
- Taking a facial sauna using lemongrass, licorice root and rosebuds 2-3 times a week is extremely good for oily skin.
- Make a puree of fresh tomatoes and apply on the skin. When it dries wash it off.
- Rub oily skin areas with apple cider vinegar for a neutralizing effect.
- Make a paste with 1 teaspoon gram flour, one pinch of turmeric and juice of half a lemon and apply it on face. Once dried wash it off.
Oily skin needs a special skin care regime. Use hot water and face wash to prevent the pores from being clogged. Do not use heavy cleansing creams or harsh soaps. People suffering from oily skin also should have a diet rich in proteins and plenty of vegetables and fresh fruits. Restrict sugar, salt and oil in food. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Also drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated and do exercises to flush out toxins. If you stick on to the regime you would see a significant improvement in your skin.