Low blood pressure or Hypotension is a condition where the blood pressure falls beyond the normal level. A consistent blood pressure reading of 90/60 mm Hg or lower is considered low blood pressure. Some of the common symptoms of Low blood pressure are lethargy, weakness, depression, sweating, lacking concentration, dizziness and fatigue. There can be many causes for low blood pressure like malnutrition, blood loss, stress etc. Given below are some natural home remedies for low blood pressure.
- Consuming Beetroot Juice daily is a wonderful natural home remedy for treating low blood pressure.
- Taking an infusion of Indian spikenard herb in boiling water thrice a day helps in fighting low blood pressure.
- Taking an Epsom salt bath by adding 1 kg Epsom salt in hot bath water is helpful in treating low blood pressure.
- Take salty foods till the blood pressure reaches normal level.
- Drink Carrot Juice and salted buttermilk daily.
- Going on a milk and fruit diet for 2-3 weeks is also helpful in the treatment of low blood pressure. Consume a lot of raw vegetables and fruits during this period.
- Pomegranate juice is helpful to bring up the blood pressure level.
- Soak a handful of almonds at night. Peel the skin in the morning and make a paste of the almonds. Add this in a glass of milk and boil. Drink this almond milk every morning.
- Soak a hand full of raisins and soak them in a ceramic bowl with water. Chew them in the morning and consume the water too.
- Take 1 teaspoon holy basil leaves juice with equal amount of honey in the morning.
An individual suffering from low blood pressure should consume lots of water and have a balanced diet with salt, asafetida and fruits in the diet. Foods rich in proteins, vitamin C and vitamin B are effective in treating low blood pressure. Exercises like walking, swimming and cycling are known to be beneficial in regulating the blood pressure level.