Insomnia refers to lack of proper sleep or sleeplessness. Proper rest and relaxation is essential for the body to function well so if you are having any imbalances in sleep it has to be treated immediately. There can be several causes for insomnia like mental tension, chronic diseases, smoking, excessive intake of tea and coffee etc. However, there are several natural remedies that can be used to treat insomnia. You may also apply Feng shui cures for Insomnia. Given below are some natural home remedies for treating this condition.
- Try putting a drop of lavender essence on the pillow for a relaxing sleep.
- Having chamomile tea one to two hours before going to bed can help in reducing anxiety, calm the digestive system and relieve muscle tension.
- Consuming nutmeg powder mixed in warm milk an hour before going to sleep can assist in sleeping.
- Having a cup of milk with honey added before bedtime is helpful in inducing sleep.
- Consuming Milk or Buttermilk with a pinch of cinnamon and honey before bedtime can help in getting good sleep.
- Honey taken with water can help in getting good sleep.
- Aniseed Tea made by boiling aniseed in water and then sweetened with honey taken before going to bed is helpful in inducing sleep.
Apart from this, Make sure there is adequate ventilation in the bedroom and that you do not sleep immediately after eating food. Reading a book and soaking the feet in warm water is also helpful in getting good sleep. Taking deep breaths and using blue night lamp in the bedroom can induce peaceful sleep. A person suffering from insomnia should have a balanced diet, have plenty of water throughout the day and do exercises. Yoga is known to be extremely helpful in treating Insomnia.