According to the Wikipedia, A hangover or delayed alcohol induced headache describes the sum of unpleasant physiological effects following heavy consumption of alcoholic beverages. I do not consume alcohol but have friends who do. Many of them say that all the fun they had the previous day vanishes when they experience a dreaded hangover. Although many individuals think that there is no cure for this side effect of drinking alcohol, there are several natural home remedies known to be very effective in treating hangovers.
- Drink plenty of water before retiring for night after alcohol consumption and also immediately after you wake up in the morning.
- Do not drink alcohol empty stomach. Always eat before, during and after alcohol consumption to avoid alcohol being absorbed into the body or becoming intoxicated.
- Consuming Vitamin B helps to shorten the length of a hangover.
- Consuming Vitamin C can help to breakdown the alcohol in your body thereby helps to shorten the length of a hangover.
- To reduce the headache associated with hangovers, use cold pack on the head than taking painkillers.
- Having Ginger ale or Ginger Tea helps to treat the nausea associated with hangover.
- Eating Bananas would help retain the potassium drained from your body because of drinking habit. An alternative can be banana milkshake sweetened with honey.
- Eating Apples on an empty stomach the day after drinking is an effective remedy for hangover.
- A Grandma’s Chicken soup is also known to work well for hangover problems as it does for colds.
- Drinking chocolate milk before going to bed is a good remedy for hangover.
- Drinking black coffee after squeezing half a lemon’s juice into the cup is known to be very effective for hangovers. An alternative can be lemon juice with water.
- Drinking 2-6 teaspoons of honey every twenty minutes upon awaking can reduce the severity of the hangover.
- Drinking Peppermint or Thyme Tea can also be of help.
- Eating raw cabbage can reduce the headache associated with this condition.
- Have Tomato juice in the morning.
Also taking a hot water bath in the morning can help with recovering from hangovers. Anyways, rather than looking for remedies after drinking it is best to Avoid Drinking Alcohol as it has several side effects. Alcohol is actually a drug and depressant and can fill the body with harmful toxins which are responsible for numerous diseases and health conditions.