Dry skin happens when less oil is produced by the oil glands in the skin. Some reasons for dry skin are environmental factors like less cool climate, make up articles, sun exposure, use of harsh soaps and pollution. Deficiencies of vitamin E, A and B also can cause dry skin. There are several natural home remedies for dry skin problems.
- Applying Milk and washing after 15-20 minutes is very effective for dry skin.
- Apply a ripe mash banana on face and neck and wash after 15-20 minutes.
- Apply mashed avocado mixed with a few drops of fresh lime juice on the skin and wash after fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Massaging the skin with almond oil or olive oil every night before going to bed works well for dry skin.
- Apply the mixture made by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, few drops of rose water and some drops of lime juice on the face in the morning for 15 minutes before taking bath.
- Massage Skin with Castor oil or avocado oil regularly to get rid of dry skin.
- Make a paste of green clay powder and honey and apply on the face avoiding the eye area and wash after 15-20 minutes.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on skin.
- Apply a paste made of raw peanuts with milk and honey on the face and wash after 15-20 minutes.
- Take a Milk Bath twice a month to get rid of dry skin.
- Add oat extract or lavender oil in bath water.
- Make a mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey and apply it as a skin mask.
- Apply Grated cucumber on the face avoiding the eyes.
- Apply a paste made of ½ teaspoon honey with the yolk of an egg and one tablespoon dried out milk powder on the face and wash after 15-20 minutes.
- Apply raw papaya pulp on the face and wash after 20 minutes.
- Drinking teas made of chamomile, dandelion or peppermint can help in treating dry skin.
As you can see there are several home remedies for treating dry skin. These remedies are safe to use and are very effective. For a healthy facial skin one should take a diet consisting of a lot of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin E. Also do not use harsh soaps on the skin and protect your skin from sun rays as much as possible. One should also consume plenty of water and do exercises too.