Acne is horrible skin condition that can not only affect a person’s appearance but also ruin a person’s self confidence. Acne tends to appear mostly on the face, back, chest and shoulders and those who are affected by this condition would do almost anything to get rid of acne. There are many over the counter products which claim to provide relief from the condition. Many products even have celebrities endorsing them. But unfortunately many of these products are packed with harmful chemicals and are extremely expensive. However, the good news is that there are several natural remedies used to treat acne which are not only not very expensive but also safe to use.
There are a number of natural remedies for acne that rely on the use of food. Eat foods rich in zinc and Vitamin A can help. Taking multivitamin and a chromium supplement once a day is also advised to heal your pimples quickly and prevent future breakouts. Some cautions that a person suffering from acne can do is to keep the hands and hair of the face and drink plenty of water so that the toxins causing acne are flushed out. Also make sure not to pop or pinch your pimples causing more scars. Also wash the face twice a day with a sulfur based soap designed for acne. It is also advisable to avoid makeup till the condition is treated as it can cause further damage to skin. Given below are some remedies for acne.
- Saturating lettuce in water for about an hours worth of time will result in a special mixture. This mixture should then be applied to the skin, acting as a rinse.
- Boil ½ a cup of milk and once it is cool add the same amount of lemon juice to it. Apply this mixture using cotton swabs to the acne affected area.
- Scoop out the inside of a tomato and make a paste of it. Apply this paste and leave it for an hours time before washing it.
- Apply aloe Vera pulp on the affected area.
- Apply a honey mask made with cooked plain oatmeal and honey to your face once or twice a week.
- Make a mixture of equal amounts of lemon juice and rose water and apply on acne with cotton swab.
As you can see that there are a number of different natural remedies and home remedies for those suffering from acne which are safe to use compared to over-the-counter skincare products which are also likely to be costly. Why not give mother nature a try before trying out anything else?