Many tend to think that by starving one can lose weight. But the fact is just the Opposite. Eating in time and eating right are very important as food is the source of nutrients required by the body. Here are some tips on eating right to lose weight.
- Instead of 3 big meals it is better to have 5 small meals because this can help to speed up metabolism and thereby burn more calories. Leave a gap f 2-3 ours between meals. Negative Calorie foods should be included in the diet.
- Eat meals in small plates . Also eat slowly taking your time to relish the food.
- Avoid fast foods which are loaded with calories. Include fruits and vegetables in the diet and avoid red meat and all purpose flour. Also limit the sugar and salt quantities.
- According to experts, since our body consists of two third of water and one third of mass we should consume water and food in the same ratio too. But many of us do the reverse and go against the nature. We eat 70% and don’t even drink 30% of water. Instead of eating to live many of us ‘live to eat.’ Drinking plenty of water also helps to get rid of harmful toxins from the body. Drinking chilled water burns more Calories.
- Avoid drinking colas and sodas and substitute it with juices, green tea and water. If you are having the habit of drinking too much tea or coffee limit it to 2 cups a day.
- If you feel hungry in between the 5 small meals go for a small bowl of popcorn, a fruit, one glass of juice or 2 Marie Biscuits.
- Try eating your dinner by 7 PM. Go to bed only after 2-3 hours after dinner.
Apart from eating right, make the habit of exercising daily even if it is just walking or climbing the stairs. If you are someone who sit in front of the computer for long hours, making sure you take short breaks in between. All these are small steps that can contribute to your health and wellness.